Anara and Lynnea's Age

4 years and 10 months!!!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Last Room Renovation!!!!

I put a lot of exclamation points like I am excited that the last room project is finished but really I am sad. I have really enjoyed fixing up this house and I will probably never get another chance like this. But hopefully we will sell this house pretty quickly and move on to the next phase of our lives!

I am so upset that I don't have a good before picture of this room. Not sure how that happened! Grrr... This is the only before picture I have. You can at least see the awful wall paper and the baby blue tile. As in the other bathrooms, it wasn't in the budget to re-tile the entire shower so I had to work around what I had. The other bathrooms it wasn't too hard, this one was! The floor and counter top was also the baby blue tile and the sinks were corroded and nasty! (Oh and the whole renovation cost only $500!!!)



I used a mosaic tile that had the baby blue tile in it as well as another blue and a grey to help tie in the blue. I then used a gray tile as my main tile. I took down the big mirror that was on the wall and used two small mirrors I already had and just put a frame on them. I was able to reuse the cabinet (thank you, thank you dad for not tearing that up in the demolition phase!) but everything else you see is new.









Here is a good picture where you can see I left the baseboard tile that matches the shower tile and then added the mosaic to try and tie it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment