Anara and Lynnea's Age

4 years and 10 months!!!!

Friday, October 9, 2009

It is complete!!!

Finally! After weeks and weeks (going into months and months) of living with a war zone kitchen, the kitchen is complete! It was definitely well worth the wait. I have included the before and after pictures so you can truly get a feel for what it looked like when we bought it. Scary! My family and I did all of the work (except install the granite) and I have to give a big thanks to my Dad, Mom, Uncle Robert and Aunt Julie for helping!!!!


The completed kitchen!!!

This is the before picture of the bar area that looks out into the
living room. The living room is almost complete and I will post
pictures soon when it is finished!

You can get a glimpse of the changes to the living room in this picture.

The before picture of the refrigerator area. Take a nice
long look at that yucky floor!

We had to take out the cabinets over the refrigerator
because we were worried that our refrigerator wouldn't fit!

Those drapes were so disgusting to take down! The house is 50 years
old and I bet those drapes were 50 years old!


This is the war zone environment that we were living in.
I thought I was going to go crazy!

Ahhhh....so much better!

Yuck!!!

Yay!!!

The cook top used to be on the island and it had cabinets
above that really blocked the room and made it feel smaller.

Again a picture of our warzone. This was during the demolition phase!

You can see that we removed the cabinets and put pendant lights
as well as moved the cook top over to the rt. I now have the worlds best island!


We took out the cabinets that were above where we moved the cook top
to and added a stainless steel vent. A waste of space but it sure is pretty!

If we were going to be staying here longer than three years I would have liked to have had the cabinet doors replaced. Since we are basically trying to flip this house for a profit, that wasn't really in the budget. So my solution was to paint them. They are so old and beat up though that you could still see all of the dents. I then used a glaze over the paint and that really seemed to hide all of the imperfections in the cabinets.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!!! I love the before and after pictures! It looks like a lot of hard work but well worth it. My only question is how did you find time to do that in your intern year? :)

    ReplyDelete